Mint Chevron

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Camp Harlow - 8 - Tween Camp 2 - My last week at Harlow

I can't believe it is over! 
It seemed like it was yesterday that we were going through training!
This last week of camp was one of the best. I met some amazing campers and saw another big number of kids come to make the commitment to follow Christ. 
Riley and I really decided to let go and just go crazy with worship, and it paid off. 
The first night we did an up beat set of "Life is Good, Eternal Life is Better" and "Undignified". It was crazy to see almost all of the kids dancing around praising God. We are used to half, if even half, participating with us during our worship times, so it was super encouraging to see. 

All in all it was a great week. We had crazy water wars with big slip n' slides, fun night games (that can be dangerous at times... I ended up being punched in the face by accident), and amazing times of fellowship with the campers. As I said before, it was one of my favorite weeks. 


I kept telling all my devo girls throughout the week that it was my last Monday or my last Worship set/Camp Pastor. They weren't too happy with me. They kept telling me that they were going to kidnap me and make me stay. :) I have to say, I was blessed to have such a lovely group of girls in my devo group. It has been really fun to watch them grow over the summer and seeing God's light shining through them. There were a few that had heartbreaking stories who have come to lean on Christ for strength, and who have persevered because of it. I learned so much from all of them. I actually think that I learned more from them than they did from me! God blessed me so much by bringing them into my life.

My whole time out at Harlow was such a blessing to me. God has gifted me with many new friendships with those on the Impact team and the counseling staff. All the people that work out at Harlow are wonderful, and I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to work with them all. 

Moving out of the mod was a bittersweet experience. I was excited to be getting a week to ready myself for school, but I was sad that I was going to have to leave my wonderful friends and the ministry that is Harlow. I am going to miss them all terribly!

God has shown me many things while I have been out at Harlow. The one thing that sticks out above all else is how He loves us and takes care of us. I have seen so many things happen before my eyes that has shown me how great God is. There is no struggle or problem that God can't handle. God is bigger than it all, and He is willing to carry us when we feel we can't carry on. It is crazy to think how much I have grown over the past three months. God has really worked in my life and has made me into a stronger Christian. 
God works in big ways, and Harlow is a great example of that. 
I really hope that God blesses me with more years at Harlow, but we can never really know what God has planned. 

Now I'm off to Corban U. again tomorrow. It is so weird to think that I am going into my sophomore year already! It's going to be great. 

God is SO good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment