Mint Chevron

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Taking time to reminisce...

Today, many of my friends from my high school graduated.
I can't believe it is that time of year again! I woke up this morning realizing that a year ago, I was getting ready myself to take the walk across the big stage to receive my diploma.
It's crazy to think that it has been a year since then! It is amazing to me how fast time flies.

I decided to take a gander at the pictures from my graduation, and they brought back all of my emotions that I felt that day; all of the excitement, fear, joy, and sadness came flooding back to me.
I remember looking at everyone in my class realizing that I would never see some of them, if not many of them, again. I then began to be afraid of what was awaiting me after I graduated. Then again, I remember feeling so ready to begin the next chapter of my life.

Riley and I were asked to sing at graduation, and we chose to sing "The Prayer" made most popular by Celine Dion and Josh Groban. It was the perfect song to reflect what we were feeling. 
It felt incredible to sing that song in the huge theater with our violin/cello/bass/piano quartet.
It is just amazing to me to think that graduation was that long ago when it feels like a
couple months ago!

There are things that I miss about high school, but I have to say, college is much more enjoyable!
Looking back, I realize that there was nothing to be scared about (as usual). :)

Congratulations class of 2011, you made it!
"Oh! The Places You'll Go", by Dr. Seuss, is one of my favorite Seuss books, and
I think the words are perfect for graduation:
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And you know what you know. 
And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment